Image Map

Friday 23 May 2014

Fashion Fix Friday 5: Beach Essentials



Beachwear Essentials



I am now discovering how fast time is moving. I handed in my notice last month and yesterday was my last day at work. Now I have a big adventure ahead as I will be leaving the family nest to move to Bristol and start my new job.

We have been taking some well needed rest breaks in Gambia, Morocco, Lanzarote, and hopefully soon Ibiza and our next holiday destination in June once we figure out where to go lol

With the English weather being sketchy e.g. one minute sun the next thunderstorms, everyone is thinking about that next destination abroad to jet away to. I know some of you have been in the gym preparing that body for summer and of course you will want the right beachwear to flaunt your hard work.

*All pictures courtesy of Pinterest.com*

Swimwear









Each of these styles of swimwear will suit all body types. If you are top heavy; go for a halter to help support and create shape. If you are like me petite and not blessed with breasts; go for a printed bandeau or ruffled bandeau to distract from that area. If you are considered pear shaped or have an hourglass figure; go for a high waisted pant bikini to define your shape and create that amazing pin up style. If you want to cover up choose a figure fitting swimsuit with small cut out details, or alternatively if you want a sexy swimsuit go for an extreme cut out to add sex appeal.


Beach Cover Up





I think beach cover ups are necessary as you want to look modest on your way to the beach. Personally, I find it respectful to cover up until I arrive at the beach when I am on vacation abroad. But covering up does not need to be boring. You can make it sexy with a short, sheer kaftan to display and not hide that beautiful new swimwear or a long and floaty maxi dress/kaftan to create that Grecian Goddess vibe. Alternatively, if you are quite active at the beach I would opt for a playsuit, so that you are covered up but still have enough flexibility to move around freely.


Footwear





The most common beach footwear are flip flops, they are flat, lightweight and easy footwear to pack in your suitcase for the beach. However, if you are a 90s baby like me, you will notice the old favourites ...jelly sandals are making a come back. You can either opt for the original designed heeled 90s jelly sandal or go with the new updated Jeffrey Campbell version with stud detailing. Jellies are practical as they are waterproof, come in a variety of colours and on trend. On the flip side, to keep it cute and sexy I would go for a platform wedge to elongate the legs; and give the illusion that I have that coveted height of the models.

Accessories






Of course you will need a bag to carry your essential reading material, beach towel, phone etc. I would opt for a large canvas beach bag or a straw beach bag; as they are easy to clean and light enough to not add extra weight to you luggage *I struggle with weight a lot when packing*. Another necessity is the beach hat to protect you from some of the sun rays. If you really want to be protected go for a large floppy hat, or if you want less coverage go for the straw Fedora which always goes well. Alternatively, I understand that a lot of people forgo the beach hats to avoid hat hair. But there is still a way to protect your self and keep your hairstyle. I would opt for a visor, which protects your face but does not cover your head...and works perfect for me when I have my afro out.

Sunglasses






Last but not least, is sunglasses. Protecting your eyes from the sun and also creating shade so you can see your beautiful surroundings is important. Sunglasses come in many styles from cat-eye, wayfarer, aviator etc. Each style will match perfectly with whichever look you choose to go for. The best thing about sunglasses is that you don't need to buy every style as one should be able to go with everything.


What are your key beach essentials?




Hugs and Kisses




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment. We would love for you to include your blog address so we can check out your blog :).

:¦:-.•:*¨¨*:•.-:¦:-.•:*¨¨*:•.-:¦:-.•:*¨¨*:•.-:¦:-

Lots of Love,
Shanaz & Kamarla

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...